- This event has passed.
Certified LeSS Basics (CLB)
September 24 @ 01:07
The Certified LeSS Basics course provides essential information on how to scale your product development to multiple teams by implementing the Scrum framework. This highly interactive course ensures a good overview of the LeSS framework and LeSS principles.
What is LeSS ?
Large-Scale Scrum (LeSS) is a framework for scaling agile development to multiple teams. LeSS.works gives an overview. LeSS builds on top of the Scrum principles such as empiricism, cross-functional self-managing teams and provides a framework for applying that at scale. It provides simple structural rules and guidelines on how to adopt Scrum in large product development.
What’s special about this CLB training ?
This CLB training is limited to max. 12 participants. This allows for a maximized learning experience. Even though the schedule with the given learning objectives is tight, there will be space for interactive exercises and for your questions.
Target audience: who benefits from the CLB course?
The course is targeted to experienced Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Coaches and managers in Product Development departments.
What you will learn
After participating in the course, you will be able to
- Articulate why LeSS
- Explain how LeSS is a Scrum-based approach to scaling
- Summarize what impact this has on the organisational design (structures, policies, etc.)
- Explain the dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Explain all LeSS roles and their purposes
- Explain why there is one and only real PO and not so-called team POs
- Explain the LeSS Complete diagram, organizing LeSS information in terms of the principles, rules, guides, and experiments
- Explain how LeSS scales over ~8 teams
- Know the existence of and location of major learning resources at less.works, including at least these sections: Why LeSS?, Introduction to LeSS, the rules, the online videos & books chapters.
Participants have passed either a Scrum foundations course (CSM, PSM) from Scrum Alliance or Scrum.org or have acquired the same knowledge from reading and practising.
To maximize your learning experience, please:
- do the LeSS Test and refer to Scrum Guide in case of questions
- get familar with the core ideas of LeSS
- watch the LeSS Complete Picture in 3 minutes
- watch the Introduction to LeSS in 8:14 minutes
What you will receive
- Certified LeSS Basics certificate (In order to acquire the CLB badge you will need to attend the event over the entire period of the course.)
- Food: A tasty lunch of your own choice. Coffee, tea and drinks are available over the whole course.
- Why LeSS?
- LeSS Principles & Fundamentals
- LeSS & LeSS huge overview
- Feature Teams
- Introduction to LeSS (Why LeSS?)
- Lean Thinking and System Thinking
- LeSS – as Scrum-based approach on scaling
- How does LeSS scale over ~8 teams?
- Dynamics of component teams vs. feature teams
- Roles, Events, Artifacts
- What is basic Scrum and what is specific to LeSS?
- Why there is only real PO and not so-called team POs?
- Why ScruMaster in LeSS is a full-time role?
- Impact of LeSS on organizational design (structures, policies)
- Local Optimization vs. Global Optimization
- The ‘Contract’ Game
- Why Product definition should be broad
- LeSS vs. LeSS Huge
About the Trainer: Marc Lustig
Coach for Agility | CTC | LeSS friendly Scrum Trainer | CAL | KMP | axisMundi Exponential Agility | Coaching & Training
Marc has experience adopting the Scrum framework since 2006, in a wide range of industries including insurance, automotive, retail, energy, banking and financial services. As a CTC, he is one out of 141 Certified Agile Coaches with Scrum Alliance world-wide. He is also registered as a LeSS Friendly Scrum Trainer with the LeSS Company (less.works).