Our live-online or in-person three-day Agile Coaching Skills – Certified Facilitator (ACS-CF) course is ideal for Agile coaches and Scrum Masters looking to deepen their understanding of facilitation. In the course, you will learn the following:
- Masterful Facilitation: Develop expertise in guiding Agile teams to achieve meaningful outcomes.
- Psychological Safety: Create a safe and inclusive environment for effective facilitation.
- Conflict Resolution: Manage conflicts constructively and maintain group positivity.
- Facilitation Planning: Design facilitation plans for various scenarios, from team forming to decision-making.
- Real-World Application: Gain hands-on experience.
You can book a place at one of our scheduled events, or we can teach a private in-house course for your organisation.
What Does the Course Cover?
The ScrumCenter Agile Coaching Skills – Certified Facilitator course covers the following:
- Setting the Stage
- Defining Facilitation
- Characteristics of an Effective Facilitator
- Facilitator Mindset
- Understanding Group’s Context and Needs
- Before Facilitation
- Purpose and Outcomes
- Environmental Contexts and Group Norms
- Psychological Safety
- Creating a Facilitation Plan
- During Facilitation
- Ethical Facilitation
- Facilitation Agreements
- Collaborative Spaces
- Establishing Facilitation Presence
- Before Facilitation
- The Three Orientations of a Facilitator
- From the Front
- Unearthing Emerging Needs of a Group
- Group Decision-Making and Deep Democracy
- From the Back
- Facilitation Listening Skills
- Giving and Receiving Feedback in Facilitation
- From the Inside
- Emotional Intelligence in Facilitation
- Cultivating Self-Awareness in Facilitation
- From the Front
- Facilitating Through Conflict
- Understanding Conflict in Facilitation
- Recognising the Shift from Constructive Interaction to Destructive Conflict
- Maintaining Positivity and Safety Within Creative Tension
- The Dynamics of Creative Tension
- Forwarding the Action
- Driving Decision-Actions Forward
- The Role of Decisions in Facilitation
To receive your ACS-CF certification, you must take the course and complete a small amount of homework and a range of follow-up activities.
Why Choose ScrumCenter?
Our live-online ACS-CF course is interactive, engaging, and fun. It’s instructor-led and designed using training from the back-of-the-room techniques. As a result, it leverages the science behind how the human brain learns. Our course is:
- Taught at a sustainable pace.
The course is taught by ScrumCenter’s Founder, Simon Roberts. He has a wealth of experience supporting large, medium, and small companies to adopt agile into their organisation through consulting, coaching, and training. Apart from the obvious experience facilitating Scrum events, he has facilitated large-scale collaborative events such as Open Space Technology meetings with 350 people, multi-day/multi-team retrospectives, and World Café meetings.
Simon is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST), a Path to CSP Educator, an Agile Coaching Skills Educator, an ORSC® Trained Coach, a Trained Leadership Agility 360 Coach and a Changewise-Authorised Leadership Agility Coach. He has trained/coached thousands of people over many years.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who wants to be an empowering and impactful facilitator.
- Scrum Masters looking to improve their facilitation skills.
- Agile coaches, including those on the path to Certified Agile Coach® (CEC or CTC).
- Anyone interested in growing their career with facilitation skills.
- Anyone who believes in happier teams and better meetings.
Many careers, industries, and teams need people who can facilitate.
How do I Become a Certified Facilitator?
To attain your certification, you must attend the course and complete the homework and post-course activities. Once you have satisfied these requirements, you can download your certificate.
We cover a lot of material in the ACS-CF workshop. There are a few learning objectives which cannot be directly covered in the workshop itself. There is one homework assignment and one post-course course activity:
- Maintain a facilitation journal during the course (we recommend you continue this after the course).
- Write an experience report on an event from your facilitation practice where you created a facilitation plan, delivered the facilitation, reflected on the results, and identified improvements. The report should be submitted to the instructor after the course for feedback.
What Will You Get?
If you attend the Agile Coaching Skills – Certified Facilitator training course and complete the post-course activities, you will benefit from the following:
- An immersive online learning experience facilitated by our Certified Scrum Trainer and Agile Coaching Skills Educator, Simon Roberts.
- Registration for the Agile Coaching Skills – Certified Facilitator (ACS-CF) Certification.
- Comprehensive follow-up materials.
- A free follow-up coaching/mentoring call with the trainer.
- Access to the ScrumCenter Network, where you get free online access to ScrumCenter coaches.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) members can claim Professional Development Units (PDUs) after attending the course.
After the course, you can book a free agile coaching/mentoring call with the trainer!
About Your Trainer: Simon Roberts
The course is taught by ScrumCenter’s Founder, Simon Roberts. He has a wealth of experience supporting large, medium and small companies to adopt agile into their organisation through consulting, coaching and training.
Agile and Lean Coach (ORSC™ Trained), Certified Scrum Trainer®, Path to CSP Educator, Certified Scrum Developer Educator, Agile Coaching Skills Educator
Simon has used lightweight/agile methods since the late 1990s and works with organisations large and small to help them achieve better results by leveraging the power of self-organising teams. He has consulted for and led several large-scale agile transitions at DAX companies in Germany, is the author of several articles and regularly speaks at conferences on agile leadership. Simon’s company, ScrumCenter Limited, is based in the West Coast of Scotland.
He holds an MBA specialising in Creativity, Innovation and Change from the Open University Business School.