Our live-online Scrum Alliance Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course gives you guidance for adopting Scrum for both distributed and co-located teams and for continuously improving your organisation. You will come away with practical ideas that you can implement right away.
The course covers:
- Lean, Agile and Scrum – clarifying your understanding of Scrum and its underpinnings
- Scrum patterns – going beyond the basics towards excellent Scrum
- Facilitating great retrospectives – how to help your team to find value in retrospectives
- The Scrum Master as team coach – what coaching is and why it is different from mentoring and consulting
- An introduction to powerful questions
- How the Scrum Master serves the development team
- How the Scrum Master serves the product owner
- Facilitating impediment removal
- The Scrum Master as an agent for change
Upon completion of the course and passing of the online Scrum Alliance assessment, participants are awarded the title Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM).
Why Choose ScrumCenter?
Our live- online training is interactive, engaging and fun. It’s taught over three shortened days at a sustainable pace so you can maximise learning from the comfort of your home or office.
People like you who attended our online CSM found it valuable and engaging. Here are some quotes about our training:
“Simon is an outstanding agile trainer and empathic agile coach. He has vast software development experience and is a fantastic story teller. Simon skillfully introduces agile concepts and practices and knows exactly how to bring his ideas across. What fascinates me about Simon is his ability to connect with people and get a detailed sense of their needs. He shares a wealth of experience, knowledge, techniques and approaches and sows seeds of insights and a deeper understanding of Agile and lean, that truly grow and transform the way one works and collaborates. Shortly said, if you really want to transform to agile, Simon is your man.” Anna
“The agility with which the host adapted to our current situation (coronavirus) by setting up the online course was a really authentic example of how to (positively) react to change.” Henrik
“Simon is like a deep lake of Agile knowledge and experience, and it was a pleasure to work with him.” Marcel
“Very insightful, filled with lots of experience and real-life situations” Dennis
What Will You Learn?
Topics covered include:
- Agile and Scrum
- Empirical Process Control
- Scrum Flow
- Ready and Done
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Patterns – How to Go From Scrum-By-The-Book to Excellent Scrum
- Agile Facilitation
- Participatory Decision Making
- Designing and Facilitating Great Retrospectives
- Introduction to Coaching
- Powerful Questions
- Coaching Agreements
- How to build up your coaching skills with coaching dojos
- End to End Scrum Simulation
- Experience real Scrum in a compact form through our end-to-end simulation
- Serving the Product Owner
- Serving the Development Team
- Serving the Organisation
- Dealing with Organisational Impediments
- The Scrum Master as Agent for Change
- Leadership Storytelling
- Questions and Answers
Who Should Attend?
Participants can be:
- Beginners, new to Agile/Scrum
- Currently working in software or non-software Agile/Scrum Teams
- Established practitioners looking to formalise their experience
- Managers and Executives interacting with Scrum teams
You may be brand new to Agile, you may already have some knowledge under your belt or you may be working in a Scrum Team now. Whatever your current position, you will have come to an understanding that an Agile working environment brings huge benefits in terms of quality, productivity and time to market. This course is the next step, as it establishes a solid foundation in knowing what good practice looks like to ensure highly successful outcomes.
The course is ideal for anyone looking to start out in Scrum and Agile, and it’s effectively essential for established practitioners looking to move on to the next level with formal training to back up invaluable hands-on experience. With a CSM certificate earned through Scrum Alliance endorsed training you will hold an invaluable certification in Scrum which will boost your professional standing and prospects. It’s equally good for beginners, those working in non-software Scrum and Agile roles and for managers and executives who interact with Scrum teams and who want to learn the language and to understand the framework.
What Will You Get?
- An immersive learning experience
- An electronic copy of the course materials
- Registration for the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) online assessment
- Two years membership of the Scrum Alliance worth $100 – you get access to exclusive Scrum Alliance member features and content
- Project Management Professionals® (PMP) can claim 14 PMI PDUs
After the course, you can book a free agile coaching/mentoring call with the trainer!
About Your Trainer: Simon Roberts
Agile and Lean Coach (ORSC™ Trained), Certified Scrum Trainer®, Certified Enterprise Scrum Instructor, Certified Scrum@Scale Trainer
Simon has used lightweight/agile methods since the late 1990s and works with organisations large and small to help them achieve better results by leveraging the power of self-organising teams. He has consulted for and led several large-scale agile transitions at DAX companies in Germany, is the author of several articles and speaks regularly at conferences on the subject of agile leadership.
Simon holds an MBA specialising in Creativity, Innovation and Change from the Open University Business School.